During spring break I wanted to make a fun little snack for the kids, and I am always a sucker for rice crispy treats. However I did not have any rice crispies, only multigrain Cheerios. So I decided to try it with those. Here’s the recipe:
-3 Tbs butter
– 4 cups (give or take) multigrain Cheerios
-1 bag small marshmallows
-chocolate chips optional
1. In a large sauce pan over medium heat, bring the butter to melting point, and then add marshmallows.
2. Stir continually until marshmallows are completely melted.
3. Turn burner off. Add in the Cheerios, stirring until they are all well coated.
4. In a square baking pan or even onto parchment paper, scrape out the cheerio crispy mix, and spread it out to desired thickness. Let it stand for 30 minutes to an hour to cool off and harden up.
5. After it has cooled, cut it into portion sizes and enjoy!
**Optional is to sprinkle chocolate chips across it while it is still warm. **