After a summer of chaos and stress last year, I decided this summer would be different but I had no idea how!! With four little ones between one and seven, honestly, I was quietly dreading the chaos of summer, until I came across this woman’s BRILLIANT plan! I adapted it for our family of course, and so far it’s been great!! Here is the basic gist:
Every day, MORNING consists of a similar routine including doing things that accomplish these four goals:
1. keeping our BODIES healthy through exercise, riding bikes, taking walks, go to the gym, etc.
2. Keeping our MINDS healthy through reading books, both together and individually, and utilizing the library summer reading program. We also do Spanish lesson games and other learning games.
3. Keeping our SPIRITS healthy thru scripture memory (our goal is to have prov 3 done this summer) and devotion time.
4. And keeping our HOUSE CLEAN. The boys are perfecting and learning new chores and old chores. They can do a lot at their ages!
After these four priorities are accomplished for the day, we will eat lunch and tackle that day’s themed activity. I spent a couple weeks on Pinterest scouring my boards and sorting ideas into the five categories that the weekdays break into:
1. Make it Monday– making, creating, cooking, crafting, DIYing. Make stuff! Try to make it a learning experience.
2. Trip-it Tuesday– go somewhere! Anywhere! Library, park, fire station, etc. learn something in a new setting!
3. Get Wet Wednesday: water games, pool time, anything wet-fun!!!
4. Think it through Thursday- this will be a day for neat science experiments, doing research on interesting subjects, learning Spanish, or working on their age appropriate life skills. This chart I just linked there is soooooooo helpful!! Save it!!!
5. Fun day Friday!!! Whatever fun thing we want to/planned to do together that day.
Ok, now that you have the outline, I’m going to post as often as possible this summer to let you know how our plan is working and so you can keep up with different summer ideas we may try.
Last week Friday fun day was their first summer day, and we went to cousin Elijah’s house to swim, eat pizza and homemade icecream. They had a blast!
TODAY WAS MAKE IT MONDAY!!
I found a air popper popcorn machine at Ross for $7.99 and snatched it up!! We celebrated make it Monday with homemade kettle popcorn, and we snuggled up on the living room floor with pillows and blankets to settle in and watch an hour of Curious George. Here are the pictures from our Monday.