I made this couscous dish the other night so I could eat something filling while on the Daniel fast, and I just kept adding vegetables to it and it got yummier and yummier. It was so good, and so beautiful if I do say so, I thought I would share it with you. 😉. You’re welcome. 😄
The base is a couscous quinoa mixed vegetable frozen side from my grocery store, but you could do the same with just plain couscous as a base. I found mine in the frozen vegetables section at my grocery store. See if yours has something similar.
Couscous summery salad:
1 package of HEB Selects frozen couscous and quinoa with mixed vegetables. (See if your grocery store has anything similar)
1 medium sweet potato boiled to fork soft
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 cup sliced sweet onions
1/8 cup chopped green onions
1 cup grape tomatoes any color
1 mango cut in small chunks
1 lime’s juice
2-3 Tbsp sweet white wine
1. Prepare the packaged couscous according to directions. (Mine is microwave for 5 min). Set aside.
2. Poke holes in your washed sweet potato. Place in bowl of water. Microwave 5-8 min till cooked through.
3. Sautée white onion, mushrooms and tomatoes in a little butter, add lime juice and wine till cooks down. You want nicely carmelized onions and mushrooms. Tomatoes should be cooked through.
4. Add sweet potato pulp and sautéed veggies in a bowl to the couscous mixture. Mix together well.
5. Lastly add fresh chopped green onions and mango chunks. Salt lightly if needed. Enjoy!!
6. Optional: for added greens after it is cooked or reheated for leftovers, add a handful of fresh spinach leaves, fold them in and enjoy!