So, I came to this recipe browsing on Pinterest searching for a brownie recipe I could eat without guilt. And I didn’t want to use beans!! Yeah. They don’t exist. Or that’s what I thought until I found this recipe!! (Insert happy dance here! Thank you, Running with Spoons!) After weeks and weeks on the HCG diet I wasn’t going to ruin it with careless brownie eating! I was prepared to run to the store for all the foreign ingredients I would surely need to buy, and conveniently I had everything the recipe called for (another miracle), and I got eagerly started. Now, of course there is no such thing for me as sticking TOTALLY to a recipe, so I will give you my slightly tweaked version below. Be prepared for chewy, chocolatey delicious brownieness!! You might need to hide them from your children. ;).
Every Mama’s Dream Brownies
Bake 350 25-30 minutes
- 6 oz Chocolate Chips (1/2 a bag)
- 6 Tbsp Coconut oil
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Coconut sugar (This is found on your baking aisle typically, photo below)
- 3 Tbsp Arrowroot powder (Can be found with spices/herbs on baking aisle, photo below)
- 1/4 cup Baking Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- Optional: 1/4 cup baking Stevia for a little more sweetness!
- Melt coconut oil and chocolate chips together in a small sauce pan until completely melted and smooth. Remove from heat while mixing other ingredients.
- In a separate bowl or stand mixer, mix remaining ingredients, beating for two minutes.
- Add melted chocolate mixture and continue to blend for one minute.
- Pour into a greased 8×8 baking dish, and bake at 350 for 25-30 min.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before cutting.
- Don’t forget to lick the batter bowl clean! You’re welcome. 😉
Enjoy your delicious brownies, and be sure to let me know what you thought, as well as stop on by the “Running with Spoons” blog to tell her thank you!
Below are photos of the Arrowroot powder and Coconut sugar if those are new ingredients for you. I found both on the baking aisle, and the powder cost me around $6, while the sugar was about $3.50. The powder is what gives the brownies their “normal” texture without including flour. Without it, you’d probably end up with fudge. 🙂 And coconut sugar is supposed to be more easily metabolized by our bodies. Hurray!