Hello friends!! Let’s talk about…
What do you believe about yourself? Who do you think you are? What do you think people think about who you are? Are you satisfied or disappointed with yourself? How do you know if you’re believing the truth about yourself? So. Many. Questions.
What you Believe about YOURSELF forms your identity. This is one of the two most important things to evaluate how you are thinking. The second is what you believe about and relate to God himself. But today is about what you believe about YOU. Everything you do, the ways you speak, behave, relate to others, opportunities you take, choices you make, are all IMMEDIATELY related to what you believe about yourself.
As an exercise, take some time and write down perhaps the things you’re believing about yourself that are not helping you accomplish greatness and the destiny God placed in you… anything that is a lie. Satan is an accuser, he brings shame, he brings a sense of insufficiency, a sense of inadequacy and failure and incompetance. Any place you feel this way, its very likely you’re believing a lie that was formed in hell. It may have come through the mouth of someone you love, which is what makes it believable, but that doesn’t change, that if its not what God says about it, ITS NOT TRUTH. People speak out of anger, out of hurt, out of disappointment, out of selfishness, and things spoken in these attitudes are not rooted in truth but in their own distorted version of you. The best thing you can do is see what God says about you in the Bible. Another thing I love to do is see what he says about me by simply asking. He loves to tell us. You can know its his voice when you see it is compatible with what Scripture says. He will never contradict scripture. But he loves to speak to his children, because he is a good, attentive Father. Search yourself, and discover how amazing he has made you. Dare to throw off the lies and live this year in the TRUTHS of who you are, and what the Loving God thinks about you. 🙂
Let me give you a spoiler: YOU . ARE. AMAZING!! Ok. Read on. 🙂
(The following was borrowed from here. )
Believe You Are Who God Says You Are
BY RICK WARREN — MAY 21, 2014
“And we … are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.” 2 Corinthians 3:18 (NIV)
|“God is asking you to believe he is who he says he is, believe you are who he says you are, and then live like you believe those things.”|
This week’s devotionals are by Buddy Owens, teaching pastor at Saddleback Church and author of ‘The Way of a Worshiper’.
I want to help you learn to confess your faith, and then let that confession lead to life change so that it demolishes your old way of thinking and gives you a new way of thinking about life, God, yourself, hardship, your family and your world.
And here’s how to do it: Stop confessing lies. Confess your faith! Say the same thing God says about you. Let it change the way you think . . . and it will change the way you live.
Here are some things the Bible says about you that need to become things you say about yourself. Start every day by confessing these truths —
My Faith Confessions
- I am crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. (Galatians 2:20)
- The Son has set me free. I am free indeed! (John 8:36)
- My body is the temple of the Holy Spirit. (1 Corinthians 6:19)
- I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength. (Philippians 4:13)
- He who began a good work in me will be faithful to complete it. (Philippians 1:6)
- There is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. (Romans 8:1)
- Nothing can ever separate me from the love of God in Christ Jesus. (Romans 8:38-39)
- In all things God works for the good of those who love him. (Romans 8:28)
- God is faithful. He will not let me be tempted beyond what I can bear. (1 Corinthians 10:13)
- God has not given me a spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind. (2 Timothy 1:7)
- My light and momentary troubles are achieving for me an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. (2 Corinthians 4:17)
- He is able to do immeasurably more than all I ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within me. (Ephesians 3:20)
- God is for me! Who can be against me? (Romans 8:31)
When you say what God says (confession), you begin to think what God thinks (repentance). So let this be your confession of faith. And let it be the foundation on which you build your new life.
This is not the power of positive thinking. It’s not your good thoughts that will turn your life around. God’s power will turn your life around. He’s just asking you to believe he is who he says he is, believe you are who he says you are, and then live like you believe those things.
Does that mean bad things will stop happening? No. But it does mean you will experience many more victories than losses because the Word of God is at work in you.
Here is another list of things God says about you.
I am God’s child.
I am Jesus’ friend.
I am a whole new person with a whole new life.
2 Corinthians 5:17
I am a place where God’s Spirit lives.
1 Corinthians 6:19
I am God’s Incredible work of art.
I am totally and completely forgiven.
1 John 1:9
I am created In God’s likeness.
I am spiritually alive.
I am a citizen of Heaven.
I am God’s messenger to the world.
I am God’s disciple-maker.
I am the salt of the earth.
I am the light of the world.