I’m so excited to get to introduce you to my friend Deirdre for today’s episode!! She is one of the most encouraging, intelligent, resourceful women I know, and a great mother while juggling a head-spinning number of things… I knew she would have some gold-nuggets to share with you as you may find yourself whirling from life’s demands too. If you’ve ever felt overwhelmed or just plain bad at knowing how to keep your family fed well with all the other things you do, you’re going to love the secrets shared in today’s show, not to mention, at the end she drops some truth bombs about loving and appreciating the season you’re in to help reduce stress. What qualifies her to speak on these things? I’m so glad you asked! 😀
She is a mother of two precious little ones ages 5 &3, works a full time job as an Accountant at one of the nation’s largest firms, as well as working a part time job as a Leadership Developer of the staff at Chick Fil A in Vicksburg. She is also currently in school, finishing her advanced degree in Accounting and looks forward to being done at the end of this semester. Aside from being a wife, mother, working woman, she is in Ministry leader with her husband and has a couple pets to chase and clean up after. Even given all of this, she manages to keep a clean home and happy, well-fed children, all the while her exuberance for life and encouragement fuels you with excitement when she comes around!! (Just wait for it, you’ll hear it in our squeals :D) So, listen close as I pull on her insights and share some of my own so we can help YOU feel more equipped and capable at managing your home, specifically feeding your family well, and resting into the season you’re in.
We kicked this episode off with a Life-Hacks portion, filling the episode with links, apps and services that will save you time, money and trouble, and you can find them all listed below! (This is not a paid advertisement, just excited to help. 🙂 )
LIFE HACKS with Jen & Deirdre!
- Make grocery shopping easy and save time: Walmart Grocery App. Order your groceries online to save time AND money.
- Teach me to cook! Pinterest! I have some great recipe boards that can get you started:
- Meal Planning – keep it easy!
- Kid-loved foods! (Some of these pins my kids added themselves, so if there are repeats, that’s why. :D)
- Skinny Desserts – Because I want to have my cake and eat it too!
- Favorite Recipes – The mecca of my food boards!
- Holiday treat: Peppermint Merengue Puff cookies! This is one of my own blog posts that’s been repinned on Pinterest in a number of locations hundreds of times. It’s a classic! It’s a recipe I found and tweaked to make my own on Pinterest.
- Easy Recipes! America’s Test Kitchen on Pinterest & App (the app is currently only available for iOS devices)
- Here’s the Mac-n-cheese recipe Deidre loved if you sign up! (Tip: you boil the noodles in water AND milk).
- Meal planning: Mealime : Keeping meals healthier! This App & website is the easiest way to specify types of recipes you want, and to have personalized options populate for you to choose from, pick the ones you want for the week, and compiled into a shopping list. The easiest way I’ve found to healthfully meal plan so far! You can pay a little to get access to a larger database of recipes if you really love the app, though I haven’t had to yet, still lots of great options.
- Lunch planning, & gets kids involved!: LaLa Lunchbox – The website also offers an App download, which I use, and my kids can use and has made life easier!! I believe they have a breakfast app too, but we just do lunch.
I believe those were our cooking/meal planning/how to keep it healthy suggestions, but if we missed anything you heard in the podcast that you have a question about, feel free to email me: firstname.lastname@example.org ! Feel free to leave comments below of what you’re loving as well!
Other links mentioned.
We hope this podcast was a blessing to you, and stay tuned for more content from Deirdre in the future!! If you enjoyed this, please share it with friends, on social media, and go on itunes to rate the podcast! This causes more people to be able to find the podcast and be blessed by it as well! Thanks so much and happy feeding-the-families!