Months ago I posted my recipe for lemony flavored coconut bites (here), which promptly blew up on Pinterest. Since y’all liked it so much I thought I’d try out another flavor, being that I was craving them again. This time I did strawberry. SO. STINKING. DELISH. Best part? Only three necessary ingredients!! (Cheers erupt! 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼).
For those who are new to this cultish world of coconut oil, it is so unbelievably good for you and here are a few of the health benefits: (chart found online…photo credit someone else. 😉)
With all of that said, here are my photos of the very easy process of making these love-to-eat coconut bites.
Creamy Strawberry Coconut Bites
- 3/4 to 1 cup of Coconut Oil (found on grocery baking aisle by olive oil)
- 1/8 to 1/4 cup chopped strawberries (approx. two large)
- Favorite natural sweetener. (I love baking Stevia or Ideal)
- Blender/food processor
- Silicon ice cube trays (can use a flat tray and just make drops but I love the ease of ice cube molds)
- Icing piping bags (optional)
- Place room temp softened oil in blender. (Needs to be soft enough to blend but not runny)
- Add strawberries and sweetener. (Everyone prefers difference levels of sweetness. Start with a couple tablespoons and add more if needed.)
- Blend thoroughly.
- Taste check!! Add more sweetener if needed.
- Transfer to piping bag or whatever is your tool for pouring.
- Fill molds carefully.
- Place in freezer for fifteen minutes until hardened.
- Pop out of molds and store in a plastic bag in freezer. Enjoy!!!
- If oil is too runny to pipe easily, you can let it set up in the fridge for a couple minutes or just pour it from measuring cup that has a pour notch.
- If you use honey for sweetener, you’ll have to be careful not to use more than 1-2 Tbs bc it can prevent the oil from setting up well. Honey doesn’t really freeze.
- Try other great flavor combos like chocolate mint (cocoa powder/peppermint essential oil), mango, mango/lime, strawberry/lemon, lemon, orange, etc! Tell us which favors YOU try!!